- About Us
- Comments and Complaints
- Committees and Council Business
- Councillors and Council Structure
- Council Tax
- Business Rates (NNDR)
- District Plan 2011-2015
- Financial Information
- Freedom of Information Act
- Have Your Say - Resident Survey
- Have Your Say - Website Survey
- Online Forms
- Performance Management
- Properties to Rent or for Sale
- Register of Interests
- Council Budget Proposals 2012/13
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIPA)
Council and Democracy
The Council comprises 44 Councillors serving 22 electoral wards across an area of 530 square kilometres with a population of more than 131,000 people.
Elections to the whole Council are held every four years.
District Councillors make policies and take decisions that affect the people of Horsham District and decide how the Council's budget should be spent. Many detailed decisions are delegated to the Cabinet, individual Cabinet Members and Committees.
There is also guidance on the Freedom of Information Act and your right to access information held by us.