The community link alarm service enables local residents who are of any age and are or feel vulnerable, to live independently in their own homes. Community Link is a telephone-based personal alarm system providing rapid response any time of the day and night. A unit is connected to your phone line and if you require help of any kind you simply press a button.
Community Link is available on a rental basis to anyone who feels vulnerable or needs added security and peace of mind, such as anyone living on their own, living in isolated places and people with disabilities. The service covers all generations it is not “just because you are old”, our youngest client is 18. Our trained advisors will come and demonstrate with no obligation how you could benefit from having alarm service. We also give talks and demonstrations to clubs and organisations anywhere in the district.
Please visit our frequently asked questions page for more detailed information about Community Link. Our Clients have told us that the Community Link Alarm Service has given them and their family and friends:
- Peace of mind
- Reduced feelings of isolation
- A feeling of greater security
- To know I can receive help 24 hours a day every day of the year is so reassuring
In addition we are also able to install extra sensors to the alarm with are an unobtrusive intelligent way to help manage risks to a person’s health and home environment. A Flexible range of telecare sensors are available including:
- Medication Reminder/Dispenser- provides effective solutions to support medication compliance. Can be used to provide other reminders if required.
- Smoke Detector -potential a life saving device, the radio smoke detector provides additional protection by raising an instant alarm call to the Community Link Service
- Fall Detector -automatically detects a fall and raises an alert via the Community Link Service.
- Flood Detector- this neat unobtrusive radio sensor provides an early warning by alerting the Community Link Services of potential flood situations in the home.
If you would like further information or a no obligation demonstration please contact our Community Link team of advisors on: