Horsham Piazza Italia
Horsham Piazza Italia 7
Friday 29 March, Saturday 30 March and Monday 1 April 2013
Already with a reputation as the South East’s must-visit event at Easter, the Horsham Piazza Italia Festival celebrates its seventh anniversary in style this year.
This annual event takes place in Horsham Town Centre on three days over the Easter weekend and offers visitors and shoppers to Horsham an exciting taste of Italy in the midst of a very English medieval market town. Packed full of fabulous cars and bikes, tasty Italian foods, lively street entertainment and a huge choice of independent shops, cafes and restaurants – Piazza Italia is fun for all the family!
Piazza Italia is organised by Horsham District Council in conjunction with local businesses, vehicle owners groups and partner organisations.
For more than a flavour of what Horsham Piazza Italia is all about, why not have a look these photos and video clips from previous events and then join us this Easter?
- Toby Phillips’ photos from 2012
- Easter 2011 in glorious sunshine, Blue Juice, the Horsham based digital production company, captured the spirit, activities and festivities of Piazza Italia V
- Why the famous Ducati motorbike club are excited about coming to Piazza Italia
- Views from a local business on why they are getting involved with the event.
- An overview of the event from one of the event organisers.
- Giovanni Barozzi from Panino Café talks about Horsham Piazza Italia 2012
- Rossella Raciti from Carmela Restaurants talks about Horsham Piazza Italia 2012
- Chris Holt from La Source talks about Horsham Piazza Italia 2012
About 2013’s Horsham Piazza Italia 7
Taking inspiration from the famous Italian card game ‘Scopa’, where the most valuable card in the game is the seven of hearts, (known as Il Sette Bello – the beautiful seven in English), many of this year’s event elements will take the number seven as their theme, including:
- Special displays of seven Ferrari F40s and seven Ferrari classics in the Piazza Meridien* on Good Friday
- See all seven new Mini models together in the Vines Square* on Saturday
- Monday sees Seven Seriously Super Cars together in Washington Paddock*
- The Lifestyle Forum will host seven of Lifestyle Europe’s best family cars
- And the seven best entertainment acts across the weekend
* Market Square
Other Festival highlights include:...
Good Friday: A rally of nearly 100 Ferraris and over 150 Ducati-led Italian bikes
Easter Saturday: the Vines Italian Job MINI Run with up to 100 Minis
Easter Monday: Supercars, Alfas, Fiats and Scooters
All display vehicles and drivers park in Horsham Town Centre on each day after midday and leave at 3pm or after.
Thinking of others!
Every year Horsham Piazza Italia and may of its partners ask you to support a number of local charities. 2013 is no exception and this year we support not two but three charities, one per festival day.
Good Friday – Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance
Easter Saturday - Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice
Easter Monday – The Children’s Trust who are promoting The Supercar Event at Dunsfold in June.
Staying for the Weekend?
There is a wide range of accommodation options for visitors to Horsham. Please see the pdf attachment below for a summary of places within 5 miles of Horsham. Alternatively contact Horsham Visitor Information Centre (Based in Horsham Museum and Gallery) where staff will be pleased to help offer suggestions for more things to see and do whilst you are in town.
Tel: 01403 211661
For more general information, or if you are a business or other organisation looking to get involved with Piazza Italia
Email: email@example.com or tel: 01403 215279
Other Horsham Events
Details about other festivals and outdoor events in Horsham town centre throughout the year are available from Horsham Entertains.
All details of what is on during Piazza Italia are available in the 52 page AAH produced souvenir programme on sale from town centre outlets, Horsham Markets, Carmela Deli, Horsham Museum and Battlequest Games and all over the Easter weekend for just £1. AAH have pledged all proceeds from the programme to Horsham Unlimited to help with the event costs next year. AAH magazine team
Core location information will be available on banners around the town during the event.
All car and bike displays commence after midday as per normal with Easter Friday’s display starting slightly later in respect of the Churches service on the Carfax Bandstand.
Horsham Town Visitor Accommodation List
Horsham Town Visitor Accommodation List (301.85 Kb)