Thefts from cars and homes are rife in the winter months. To keep your possessions safe, follow the Lock it or Lose it advice from Sussex Police.
When you are not in your car:
- Close all car windows
- Lock all car doors
- Take valuables with you or keep out of sight in the boot
- Never leave your vehicle running and unattended
When you are not at home:
- Close all windows, especially those on the ground floor, when you go out
- Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home
- Ensure that gates or access to the rear of the house are locked and secure.
- Secure garden tools and ladders in a locked shed or garage to prevent them being used to break into your home.