Coronavirus: Parks, leisure and venues
Last updated: April 22 2021 7.30am
Find updates on our parks, leisure and venues in line with Government guidelines.
- Pavilions In The Park: Open
- The Bridge: Open
- Billingshurst Leisure Centre: Open
- Steyning Leisure Centre: Open
Leisure centres are operated by Places Leisure on behalf of Horsham District Council. Visit the Places Leisure website for customer information
Parks and open spaces
All our sites are open. Please follow social distancing guidelines when you visit.
Below are updates on the status of facilities at each of our parks and countryside sites.
Southwater Country Park
- Car parks: Open
- Toilets: Open
- Café: Open for takeaway refreshments
- Dinosaur Island play area: Open (please follow our play area guidelines)
- Beach area: Closed
Warnham Local Nature Reserve
Warnham Local Nature Reserve is open with the following safety measures in place:
- Herons Rest café: Open for takeaway
- Toilets: One toilet available
- Hides: Closed
- No events or volunteering activity
- Car parking: Parking space is limited. Please walk to the reserve if you are able to.
- To ensure adequate social distancing, a one-way system around the reserve is now in place. Please follow the signs and remain 2 meters from other visitors at all times.
- Please do not block the paths or set up equipment which can affect other people passing safely.
For the time being the reserve is free to enter, but a donation box will located by the temporary entrance and any contributions to the upkeep of the reserve will be greatly appreciated.
- Children’s play area: Open (please follow our play area guidelines)
- Kaya and Rec Rooms cafes: Open for takeaway refreshments
- Skate park: Closed for repairs
- Open-access ball courts: Open
- Car parks: Open
- Toilets: Available at Swan Walk shopping centre.
- Outdoor gym: Open
- Tennis courts: Open
- Football pitches: Open
- Pavilions In The Park: Open
- Car park: Open
- Visitor Centre: Closed
Other open spaces
Car parks to all our countryside sites are open.
Playgrounds remain open but we remind everybody about the importance of social distancing. If a facility is busy, please come back later.
Please be aware that our facilities have been safety inspected, but cannot be guaranteed to be coronavirus (COVID-19) free.
If you are using our play areas, please take all reasonable precautions to ensure your and your family’s safety, following the guidelines below:
- Social distancing remains in place – please be respectful of other people
- If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), do not enter the play area. Return home and seek medical assistance
- Only 1 adult should accompany their children into the playground
- Equipment which can accommodate multiple children e.g. climbing frames or a basket swing should be used by one family unit at a time (For Horsham Park and Dinosaur Island, we state a maximum of 4 children per piece of play equipment).
- If a piece of equipment or the playground is busy, please come back later.
- Do not use any equipment marked as out of use – such as talk tubes. These have been marked out of use as there may be an increased risk to using them.
- Adults are reminded to ensure good hygiene by providing regular hand sanitation, especially on leaving the playground.
- Please don’t eat and drink in the playground.
- Please place your litter in a bin, or take it home with you
Skate parks and BMX tracks
- Horsham Park skate park: Closed for repairs
- Broadbridge Heath Skate Park: Open
- Highwood Pump Track: Open
We are asking everyone to follow Skateboard England’s guidelines when using open skate parks and pump tracks
Open-access ball courts
- Owlbeech Way (South Holmes): Open
- Horsham Park: Open
- Woodstock Close (Pixies Hollow): Open
- Bennetts Field: Open
- Blackbridge Lane (Needles): Open
Please follow the Government guidelines on outdoor sport.
Allotments in Horsham District are currently open.
All volunteering activity is postponed.
Events and activities
- Horsham Town Centre events: suspended
- Volunteer activities: suspended
- Horsham District Health Rides: suspended
- Wellbeing Walks: Resumed. For more information visit the Guided walks page
- Reaching Higher Project: Athletics sessions have resumed, and virtual Zoom sessions continue to go ahead
- Health and wellbeing services: virtual sessions, online classes and telephone appointments continue. For full details, visit the Horsham District Wellbeing website.
The Capitol theatre and cinema
The Capitol theatre and cinema will reopen on Friday 28 May.
For full details, visit The Capitol website.
Horsham Museum & Art Gallery will be closed for the foreseeable future.
In the meantime, visit the Horsham Museum website.
Drill Hall and Park Barn
Drill Hall and Park Barn are closed and unavailable for hire.
The following public toilets are available and will remain open in Horsham Town Centre.
- Swan Walk shopping centre
- The Forum car park
- Piries Place car park
Toilets at The Forum and Piries Place are checked in the morning, cleaned at lunchtime and cleaned again overnight.