Book a food hygiene course
If you own a food business you are required by law to ensure that all food handlers are supervised, instructed and/or trained in food hygiene.
We offer training for the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety as a one-day course for £84.
Courses are currently being run online using the video conferencing app Zoom and we hope to offer in-person courses again soon.
Why choose our Food Hygiene course?
Our Food Hygiene course offers all the content you need in a supportive environment for an accessible price. Here's why you should choose our course:
- Experienced course leaders: Our trainers are all highly qualified Environmental Health officers, and between them have over 100 years of experience in Environmental Health. We have won Primary Authority of the Year on two separate occasions at the BEIS Regulatory Excellence Awards in 2015 and 2018.
- A personal, supportive environment: Even in our online courses we keep group sizes small, in order to offer plenty of time for questions and extra support.
- Fast assessment and on-the-day results: Our online courses are the first local authority 'virtual classroom' courses to link directly with the CIEH portal. This means you will complete your assessment and get your result the same day.
- Confidence in the course content: When you take our course, you can be confident you are learning the right content. Our course leaders are the people who run food hygiene inspections across the District: they know what they're talking about, and they are committed to helping food businesses achieve a high standard of safety for customers.
The qualification covers:
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and hot holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises
The course is 9.30am to 5.00pm and includes a multiple-choice assessment. Places cost £84. An examination resit costs £20.
How to book
We are taking bookings for the following course dates:
- Thursday 1 October 2020
- Thursday 21 January 2021
Take a Food Safety Update Course
If you already have the Foundation Certificate in Food Safety, it is recommended that you take the Update Course three years later. We offer a half-day Food Safety Update Course for £40.
Register your interest
Sign up to our email updates to receive information about our upcoming course dates directly to your inbox.
To request a copy of the course application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org