Private lettings service
Do you own a property to let in the Horsham District?
You could benefit from:
- A no-fee lettings service
- A consistent supply of suitable tenants
- Ongoing support to both landlords and tenants throughout the tenancy
We recognise the significant role private sector landlords play in meeting housing need in the district. We have a full time Lettings Officer who has developed a service to benefit both Housing Register applicants and private landlords.
How does our Private Lettings service work?
If you are interested in securing a tenant for your property, the Council can assist with getting a property ready to let, finding a tenant and arranging the tenancy. This will include:
- gas and electrical safety checks
- inventories and check-in, check-out service
- energy performance certificates
- tenant credit checks and references
- accompanied viewings
- tenancy agreements
- liaison with Housing & Council Tax Benefit Departments
- sustainment visits
- no management costs
For more information and to view our minimum property standards, read A guide to our private lettings service
Our dedicated Lettings Officer Nigel Powell has over 30 years experience in the lettings business and is a private landlord himself. He joined Horsham District Council with the sole purpose of establishing what has proved to be a very successful Private Landlords Scheme. To discuss letting your property with us, call Nigel on 01403 215225.
Find out more about them below or email them at email@example.com