Recognition for council’s Building Control team
03 Jul 2019
Horsham District Council’s Sussex Building Control team scooped a major award with their business partner Crest Nicholson Regeneration at the 2019 South East Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards on 21 June.
The winning award category was Best High Volume New Housing Development for the Apex Apartments in Crawley, West Sussex. This was a multi storey apartment block of 218 units in a horseshoe shape with an internal landscaped podium deck.
Highly commended on the night were Kennedy Construction for a garden development of two bungalows to meet lifetime homes standards in Three Bridges Road in Crawley.
The awards are the largest business to business awards in the building control sector and recognise quality, innovation, craftsmanship and compliance with building regulations in all types of building construction projects
As a regional winner The Crest Nicholson team will now go forward to the 2019 LABC Building Excellence national finals in November.
“I am delighted that this working partnership has been recognised. I congratulate all the award nominees for their achievements so far and wish Crest Nicholson the best of luck for the national finals.
This recognition very much reflects the high levels of professionalism and effective working relationships that have been achieved in delivering such major projects.
Cabinet Member for Planning and Development Cllr Claire Vickers
Other nominated finalists working in conjunction with Sussex Building Control include:
Best Extension to an existing home
* Oreham House, Henfield – Gaffney Architecture & Martin Sewell Building Co.
Best local builder or craftsperson
* Draper Construction – work mainly in the southern part of the district
* I J Boniface – based in Pulborough, specialise in heritage buildings
Best Small New Housing Development
* Three Bridges Road, Crawley – Kennedy Construction & Project Management
Best High Volume New Housing Development
* The Apex Apartments, Crawley – Crest Nicholson Regeneration
* The Mill, Highwood, Horsham – Berkeley Homes Southern
Best Public Service Building
* The Bridge Leisure Centre, Broadbridge Heath – Neilcott Construction & Horsham District Council
Best Partnership with a Local Authority Building Control Team
* Berkeley Homes Southern & Sussex Building Control