Horsham Field Studies
Learn outside the classroom with our Horsham Field Studies sessions for schools and clubs, available at Warnham Local Nature Reserve and Chesworth Farm. Our sessions include National Curriculum courses and fun adventure days.
All visits are led by qualified and experienced field teachers with risk assessments provided. We will develop a tailor-made programme with you before your visit. Visits include full use of our field study facilities and Chesworth Farm and Warnham Local Nature Reserve.
Three key elements of every session
What can we expect in our session?
Minibeasts and habitats
Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 activities
- Pond dipping
- Minibeast hunting
- River studies
- Woodland, grassland and wetland habitat studies
GCSE and A Level activities
- Biology/science/geography coursework
We have whole day packages, morning only and prices for small classes of 18 students or fewer.
Our whole day visit is from 10am-2.30pm including a 30-minute lunch break. Our teachers will run activities from 10am-12pm and 12.30pm-2.30pm.
- One class, two field teachers: £170
- Two classes, three field teachers: £250. One class will take part in activities and the other has a guided walk. Classes then swap over in the afternoon
- Small class of 18 children or fewer, one field teacher: £110
Refreshments are not provided, but packed lunches can be eaten in the courtyard picnic area at Chesworth Farm or in the Visitor's Centre at Warnham Local Nature Reserve.
Our morning only visits are from 10am-12.30pm. You may stay for lunch at the site if you wish.
- One class, two field teachers: £130
- Small class of 18 children or fewer, one field teacher: £80
Book a Field Studies session
For more information, please contact the Parks and Countryside Team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 01403 215100