Skip to content

Preparing for Brexit

Visit for the most up-to-date information. We have collected key links on this page.

Information for business owners

If you own or run a business in Horsham District, you may need to take some steps to prepare your business for Brexit.

To find out what your business may need to do in the event of Brexit, visit the Prepare your business or organisation for Brexit page and answer its simple questions.

Get an EORI number

You need an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number that starts with GB to move goods into or out of the EU. Without an EORI number you may experience increased costs and customs delays.

It takes 5-10 minutes to apply for an EORI number using an online form on Gov.UK.

Get an EORI number

HMRC guides on importing and exporting

HMRC has produces guides to help your business.

Importing after Brexit

Exporting after Brexit

Information for EU citizens living in the UK

If you are an EU citizen living in the UK, you may need to apply to stay in the UK. The government has set up an online tool to show you how to do this.

Check if you need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme on

Information for UK individuals

If you are a UK citizen living in the UK, Brexit could affect the way you travel, work or train in the EU.

View information for UK citizens on