Sign up for garden waste collections
Get your garden waste collected for just £42 per year with our simple service. Sign up and pay for the year online.
Garden waste disposal is a paid-for service in Horsham District. For £42 you'll get convenient kerbside garden waste collections for a whole year, starting 1 April 2021.
- The service runs for a 12 month period from April 1 to March 31
- We make 25 collections per year. Bins are collected every two weeks, except at Christmas
- There is no discount for signing up part-way through the year
- If you do not have a garden waste bin at your home, you will need to buy one when you sign up for the service. The garden waste bin has green sides and a brown lid. Garden waste bins cost £40.50 for a 140 litre and £43.40 for a 240 litre bin
- You can sign up extra bins to the service for £33 each
Sign up or renew for 2021/22
To sign up for the garden waste collections service or renew your collections for another year if you pay by card, click the button below.
Direct debit customers do not need to renew with the form. Direct debits payments for the 2021/22 collection have been processed.
You will be asked to:
- Confirm your name and address
- Confirm how many bins you would like collected
- Order a garden waste bin if you do not have one at your property
- Pay by card
Go paperless next year
If you received a letter in the post this year, help us reduce our paper use next year and sign up for paperless billing.
Simply tell us your email address and we'll contact you by email next year.
What goes in your garden waste bin
You can put all of the following in the garden waste bin:
- Plant prunings
- Grass cuttings
- Twigs and small branches (no larger than the width of your wrist)
- Old or used compost
Please do not put the following in the garden waste bin:
- Pet bedding or pet waste
- Plastic bags and liners
- Household rubbish
- Household recyclables
- Kitchen waste, including peelings and egg shells
- Stones and hardcore
- Packaging labelled as compostable
Terms and conditions of the garden waste service
There are some circumstances in which we will not collect your garden waste.
2021/22 terms and conditions
2020/21 terms and conditions
If you are moving house within the District, you can choose whether or not to transfer your garden waste service. Call us on 01403 739459 to let us know your intentions. If you wish to transfer the service we will do this within 10 working days of your call or on a later date that you specify.
If you do not wish to transfer your service, we will not be able to refund you.
We are unable to provide refunds if you decide that you no longer require the service part way through the year.
You do have a statutory right to cancel within fourteen working days of receiving the terms and conditions. Please note that refunds are only offered on return of your unused membership sticker.
Requests to cancel the service must be in writing to Operational Services, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be accepted by telephone.