Recycle your batteries on your bin collection day with our simple collection service.
Simply place your batteries in a small, clear plastic bag (such as a sandwich bag) and place the bag on top of your green-top refuse bin or your blue-top recycling bin on collection day.
What we can and cannot collect
Batteries we can collect
- Mobile phone batteries
- Laptop batteries with the terminals taped
Batteries we cannot collect
- Replaceable batteries left inside an electrical appliance. These should be removed and placed out for collection in a separate bag on top of your rubbish or recycling bin.
- Batteries with trailing wires
- Children's ride-on toy batteries
- Corroded batteries
- Motorbike batteries
- Industrial batteries
- Sealed lactic acid/gel batteries
- 12v leisure batteries
- Disposable vapes or electronic cigarettes. Please book a small electricals collection for these