Whether you are looking to start a business, relocate to Horsham District or expand your current premises, it’s important to assess your funding options. There are a number of funding schemes and business growth opportunities that can help you, and we've listed the key ones we're aware of here.
Funding options 1 to 3
Coronavirus business support grants
There are a number of government grant schemes for businesses that have had to close due to national or local restrictions. Visit our Coronavirus: Business Support Grants page for full information and to apply.
- Up to £2,000 grant funding
- 30% match funding
- Must have less than 20 FTE
- Start-ups and small businesses based in Horsham District
- Businesses that have been trading for less than 12 months (as at 1 September 2020)
- Must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan
Invest4 Grant Funding
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Brighton and Hove City Council
- For pre-start and growing established businesses
- Business grants from £2,000 to £170,000 can be secured
Funding options 4-6
Business Rate Relief
- Rate relief on property with rateable value less than £12,000
- Incremental relief up to £15,000
- Other forms of rate relief available to eligible businesses.
Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation
- Must be a: registered business, charity, partnership or research organisation to apply
- Must register with European Commission Participant Portal
- For research and innovation activities
- 79 billion euro fund available
The SME Brexit Support Fund
- For small and medium-sized businesses new to importing and exporting
- Up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice
- Must have no more than 500 employees
- Must have no more than £100 million turnover
The Funding Circle is an online peer-to-business lending platform connecting businesses and investors, giving businesses access to fast loans. Visit the Funding Circle website for further information.
Coast to Capital
There are a range of grant and funding opportunities available to businesses located in the Coast to Capital area, including West Sussex. More information can be found on the Coast to Capital website.