Whether you are looking to start a business, relocate to Horsham District or expand your current premises, it’s important to assess your funding options. There are a number of funding schemes and business growth opportunities that can help you, and we've listed the key ones we're aware of here.
- Rate relief on property with rateable value less than £12,000
- Incremental relief up to £15,000
- Other forms of rate relief available to eligible businesses.
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Horsham District Council
- Start-ups and small businesses based in Horsham District
- Must have less than 20 FTE
- Must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Brighton and Hove City Council
- For pre-start and growing established businesses
- For SMEs based in West Sussex
- Fully funded, research-led advice and innovation support by the Universities of Brighton and Sussex
- Supported by West Sussex County Council and the West Sussex District and Borough Councils
- Access to training, funding and networking opportunities through the RISE portal
- Delivered by Brighton Energy Co-op
- For small and medium-sized enterprises
- Promotes solar PV & electric vehicle charging use
- Match funded grants of up to £25,000
- Up to £10,000 of grant funding
- Offered to green/low carbon SMEs for business growth projects
- Offered to other SMEs for energy/resource efficiency projects
- Government funding for apprenticeships
- Access funding towards apprenticeship training and assessment
- Apply for an incentive payment for other costs
- Access money and support to develop or start your business
- Must be receiving certain benefits
- Must have a business idea that could work
- Funding for farmers and land managers in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), National Parks and the Broads
- Part of Defra’s Agricultural Transition Plan
- Projects that improve local climate, nature and human outcomes.
Arts Council England invest in art and culture for a lasting return. They offer multiple funding programmes for organisations, artists, events, initiatives and others to help achieve their strategy, Let's Create.
- Government grant scheme
- For eligible businesses, charities and public sector organisations
- Voucher-based scheme
- For the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charge-points
- Government scheme
- Free and impartial online support on how digital technology can boost your business
- Eligible businesses can access a discount of up to 50% towards approved software expenditure, worth up to £5k
The Government website, GOV.UK, contains a wealth of information on the types of support available for small and start up businesses, including Start Up Loans. Find out more on their Finance and support for your business page.
There are a range of grant and funding opportunities available to businesses located in the Coast to Capital area, including West Sussex.