Whether you are looking to start a business, relocate to Horsham District or expand your current premises, it’s important to assess your funding options. There are a number of funding schemes and business growth opportunities that can help you, and we've listed the key ones we're aware of here.
Funding options 1 to 3
Coronavirus business support grants
There are a number of government grant schemes for businesses that have had to close due to national or local restrictions. Visit our Coronavirus: Business Support Grants page for full information and to apply.
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Horsham District Council
- Start-ups and small businesses based in Horsham District
- Must have less than 20 FTE
- Must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan
Invest4 Grant Funding
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Brighton and Hove City Council
- For pre-start and growing established businesses
- Business grants from £2,000 to £170,000 can be secured
Funding options 4-6
Business Rate Relief
- Rate relief on property with rateable value less than £12,000
- Incremental relief up to £15,000
- Other forms of rate relief available to eligible businesses.
Coast to Capital
There are a range of grant and funding opportunities available to businesses located in the Coast to Capital area, including West Sussex. More information can be found on the Coast to Capital website.
LoCASE Grant Scheme
- Up to £10,000 of grant funding
- Offered to green/low carbon SMEs for business growth projects
- Offered to other SMEs for energy/resource efficiency projects
Funding options 7-9
Arts Council England Funding
Arts Council England invest in art and culture for a lasting return. They offer multiple funding programmes for organisations, artists, events, initiatives and others to help achieve their strategy, Let's Create.
Visit Britain: Domestic Support Fund
- New fund supporting the events industry recovery
- For not-for-profit organisations hosting domestic business events
- Available for events from 100 to 500 people
- Maximum value of £15,000 support
Farming in Protected Landscapes programme
- Funding for farmers and land managers in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), National Parks and the Broads
- Part of Defra’s Agricultural Transition Plan
- Projects that improve local climate, nature and human outcomes.
Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation
- Must be a: registered business, charity, partnership or research organisation to apply
- Must register with European Commission Participant Portal
- For research and innovation activities
- 79 billion euro fund available
New Enterprise Allowance (NEA)
- Access money and support to develop or start your business
- Must be receiving certain benefits
- Must have a business idea that could work
Access the GRANTfinder database through the West Sussex Library Service and Horsham Library to search all types of funding including loans, awards and grants. Visit the West Sussex Library business resources webpage for further information.
The Funding Circle is an online peer-to-business lending platform connecting businesses and investors, giving businesses access to fast loans. Visit the Funding Circle website for further information.