Whether you are looking to start a business, relocate to Horsham District or expand your current premises, it’s important to assess your funding options. There are a number of funding schemes and business growth opportunities that can help you, and we've listed the key ones we're aware of here.
Coronavirus business support grants
There are a number of government grant schemes for businesses that have had to close due to national or local restrictions. Visit our Coronavirus: Business Support Grants page for full information and to apply.
- Up to £2,000 grant funding
- 30% match funding
- Must have less than 20 FTE
- Start-ups and small businesses based in Horsham District
- Businesses that have been trading for less than 12 months (as at 1 September 2020)
Invest4 Grant Funding
- Match funding grants
- Managed by Brighton and Hove City Council
- For pre-start and growing established businesses
- Business grants from £2,000 to £170,000 can be secured
Business Rate Relief
- Rate relief on property with rateable value less than £12,000
- Incremental relief up to £15,000
- Other forms of rate relief available to eligible businesses.
Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation
- Must be a: registered business, charity, partnership or research organisation to apply
- Must register with European Commission Participant Portal
- For research and innovation activities
- 79 billion euro fund available
Coast to Capital
There are a range of grant and funding opportunities available to businesses located in the Coast to Capital area, including West Sussex. More information can be found on the Coast to Capital website.
The Funding Circle is an online peer-to-business lending platform connecting businesses and investors, giving businesses access to fast loans. Visit the Funding Circle website for further information.