Cookies on our website
You can change the cookie settings on our website at any time by selecting Change Cookie Settings.
Controlling and deleting cookies
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block ‘third-party’ cookies (ie, cookies set by online services other than the one you are visiting);
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the web without recording your browsing history or storing local data such as cookies (you should however be aware of the limitations of this feature in a privacy context); and
- install add-ons and plugins that extend browser functionality.
Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Microsoft Edge cookies information
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information – mobile devices and desktops
- Opera cookies information
For more information about controlling cookies, please visit the Information Commissioner Office website.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on www.horsham.gov.uk
- how long you spend on each website page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Can cookies threaten users' privacy?
Cookies are stored on the computer's hard drive. They cannot access the hard drive - so a cookie can't read other information saved on the hard drive, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the server as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to a certain web site.
Third party cookies
When you use this website, you may also be sent third party cookies. We use a number of suppliers and link to other other websites outside our control who also set cookies on our website on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.