Local businesses can apply for vital coronavirus support funds
01 Feb 2021
Horsham District Council has worked hard to set up business support grant application processes and has reached out over several months during the pandemic to local businesses, but there are still many who have not applied for the considerable financial help available.
In response to the impact that local and national COVID-19 restrictions have had on the local economy, the Government provided the Council with substantial grant funding; there are six schemes currently still available:
- Business support package from January 5
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) – businesses affected by Tier restrictions from 2 December
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) - hospitality, accommodation and leisure businesses
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) – businesses affected by November national restrictions
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (sector) - nightclubs, adult entertainment venues and similar
- Additional Restrictions Grant
“As a council we are committed to helping local businesses through this crisis. We very much welcomed the news that the Government was providing further support to local small businesses during this third national lockdown.
“There is still time to take advantage of these support funds for impacted businesses and I would urge any eligible businesses who have not done so to start applying now while the funds last.”
Cabinet Member for Finance, the Local Economy and Parking Cllr Paul Clarke