Voluntary Sector Support (VSS) at Horsham District Council are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be handled.
The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, date of birth, telephone number, email address or mailing address. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from Friday 25th May 2018, the data controller is Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL.
Information you give us
In completing this form you are providing us with information including:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- brief description or relevant skills and volunteering related interests and availability
The purpose for which we will handle any Personal Data you provide will include the following:
- To create a password protected profile from your registration which will be shared on a secure Voluntary Sector Support portal that is accessible to local voluntary and community groups who have registered with us.
- For your profile to be viewed, downloaded or printed by voluntary organisations/ groups who have registered to access the secure Voluntary Sector Support portal. These organisations will be able to contact you direct.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will share your information with selected third parties including, in this instance this will solely be:
Voluntary and community groups who have registered with us to access the secure Voluntary Sector Support Portal.
Your personal information will never be passed onto any other third parties or used for other marketing purposes.
We will hold your information securely for three months, unless you tell us otherwise.
After three months, we will contact you to confirm:
- whether you are still looking to volunteer
- whether you have found a local volunteering opportunity
- whether you would like us to remove your profile from the secure voluntary sector support portal, or
- extend your profile appearing for a further three months.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete any of your personal information that we hold. In order to do so, email your request to Community Development Officer Rachel Evans at email@example.com at any time.
Please refer to Horsham District Council's Privacy Statement for more information on the information we may collect from you, including cookies. For detailed information please also see our Cookies policy.