Last year we replaced all the lights in our multi storey car parks with LED lighting. To give you an idea of the scale of this, just replacing the first 387 lights in Swan Walk car park reduced our carbon emissions by almost 19,000kg a year, as well as saving almost £11k in energy bills.
We are now working to replace all the lights in our car parks across the District by the end of March 2023. This includes:
- Bennetts Field CP & Higgins Way Footpath
- New Street car park
- Telephone Exchange/BT
- Hop Oast Park & Ride
- Bolney Road Car Park
- Little Oak Car Park, Henfield
- Godwin Way Car Park, Roffey
- Lintot Square, Southwater
- Surgery Car Park, Southwater
- Fletchers Croft Car Park, Steyning
- High Street Car Park, Steyning
- High Street Car Park, Upper Beeding
- Village Hall Car Park, Warnham
What you can do in your own home
Did you know that lighting accounts for some 15% of energy consumption in the average UK home? Which is why there’s scope to make small, inexpensive changes.
In addition to switching lights off when you are not in a room, replacing bulbs with energy-efficient LED ones will help to reduce your carbon footprint and your energy bills.
The Energy Saving Trust has a good overview of home lighting options and things to consider when changing light fittings and bulbs.