Emergency planning and extreme weather
Horsham District Council is part of the Sussex Resilience Forum, a partnership of local organisations including emergency services, the Environment Agency, health providers and volunteer and private agencies. We work together to prepare for and respond to any major emergency within Sussex. Under the Civil Contingencies Act (2004) every part of the United Kingdom is required to establish a resilience forum.
Should a major emergency occur in Horsham District, we will:
- Support the emergency services
- Assist people who have been affected
- Support the community during the recovery process
- Provide public information via the media
- Maintain essential Council services