Anti-social behaviour covers a wide range of unacceptable activity that causes harm to an individual, to their community or to their environment. This could be an action by someone else that leaves you feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed. It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.
Our anti-social behaviour team is based in Horsham Police Station. Their role includes:
- Working with local police officers to offer positive intervention and support to victims and perpetrators of anti-social behaviour
- Developing strong partnerships with local social landlords, schools and support workers to help tackle anti-social behaviour
- Running Understanding Teenage Behaviour courses to support parents who are struggling to manage their teenager’s behaviour
- Responding to issues in the community by co-ordinating problem solving meetings
- Making use of powers under Anti-Social Behaviour legislation to help tackle anti-social behaviour issues, including signing individuals onto Acceptable Behaviour Contracts, applying for Criminal Behaviour Orders and Injunctions and issuing Community Protection Notices
Report anti-social behaviour
Call 101 to report anti-social behaviour. This is the police non-emergency number.
Make a complaint through the Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Case Review
If you have made three or more qualifying complaints of anti-social behaviour within the last six months, you may be able to escalate your complaint through the Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Case Review. This was previously called the Community Trigger.
The ASB Case Review exists to review previous actions and make recommendations through an action plan if appropriate. It does not replace the need to report incidents when they happen.
To complain through the ASB Case Review process please use the online form.
We aim to acknowledge complaints within three working days of receipt.
View activations of the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review
View ASB Case Review activations 2022/23
View ASB Case Review activations 2021/22
View ASB Case Review activations 2020/21
View ASB Case Review activations 2019/20