General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are entitled to be told if any personal information is held about you and if so to be:
- Given a description of the information, told the legal basis for processing and the categories of data processed
- Told what we are using your information for and how long we will retain your data
- Told who we share your information with (this may be a general description or we may name specific organisations)
- Told of your rights to rectification, erasure, to restrict processing or to object to processing and of your right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office.
You are also entitled to be given within 1 month of us receiving your request and valid identification documents:
- A copy of the information with any unintelligible terms explained.
- Information about the source of the information where we hold a record of this.
- An explanation as to how any automated decisions taken about you have been made.
To request the information we hold, please send us a Subject Access Request in writing.
For further information on the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 please visit the Information Commissioners website.