Club Premises Certificate
If you run a member's club you will need a club premises certificate to use the club premises for licensable activities, including the sale and supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment (such as live performances and film screenings) and the provision of late-night refreshment (between 11pm and 5am).
To apply for a club premises certificate you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a plan of your club premises, an idea of how many people will be attending, an operating schedule and a copy of the club rules
Apply for a Club Premises Certificate
To apply for a club premises certificate, you need to complete the following steps:
- Read the licensing guidance notes. This document includes specific information about the club premises certificate and notes on filling in the application form
- Calculate your licence fee using our Fees table below
- Fill out our club premises certificate online form. At this stage you can also choose to pay your fee online
- Return your signed form to us, along with a plan of the premises and a copy of the club declaration and club rules. If you haven’t paid online, please include a cheque with the appropriate fee
- Send copies of the application form and a plan showing the area where licensable activities are to take place outlined in red to the authorities on our Responsible Authorities list
The charges for Club Premises Certificates are set out in the table below. There are five charging bands, which are dependent on the non-domestic rateable value of the premises.
|Non-domestic rateable value||0-4,300||£4,301-£33,000||£33,001-£87,000||£87,001-£125,000||£125,001+|
|New application and variation||£100||£190||£315||£450||£635|
Once you have applied you must advertise your application in a newspaper and your window. For guidance on the signage, check the guidance notes.
Make changes to your Club Premises Certificate
There is a £10.50 charge to make the following changes to your Club Premises Certificate:
- Change the name or alter the rules of the club
- Change the relevant registered address of the club
- Replace a lost or stolen Club Premises Certificate