As part of a whole host of celebrations to mark the coronation of King Charles III, Horsham District Council is taking part in the national Big Help Out campaign.
The ‘Big Help Out’ aims to highlight all the great work that charities and community groups do and everybody is invited to take part.
On 8 May, the Council is launching its Big Help Out Grant Scheme which aims to increase the number of volunteers getting involved in activities in the Horsham District, all as part of a national day of volunteering to get more people taking part who might not have considered it previously.
Grants will be made available of up to some £250 to encourage more volunteers and new activities that can take place on 8 May or beyond during 2023.
The Council’s Voluntary Sector Support team is inviting charities and community groups from across the District to register their volunteering opportunities and apply for small amounts of funding to help them to attract new volunteers to get involved.
Charities are being asked to consider offering different routes and ways for people to get involved, for example:
- taster sessions - light touch opportunities to try out volunteering with you
- information sessions - opportunities to find out more about what volunteering with you would be like
- take an action - small but meaningful acts that help individuals to participate and contribute to your cause.
- ongoing roles - promote your new or existing volunteering roles.
Commenting on the new grant scheme, Horsham District Council Cabinet Member for Housing and Communities Cllr Tricia Youtan said:
“We are really pleased that as a council we are able to make these grants available to boost local volunteering which makes such a huge difference to the quality of lives in our local communities.
“The coronation will be a wonderful time to celebrate with family, friends and neighbours, but it will also provide a great opportunity to give something back to the community. The Big Help Out will encourage people to give volunteering a try.
“Whatever you choose to do, our Volunteer Sector Support team will be available to help you. Do please apply for support.”
How to apply
To apply for funding to support your Big Help Out activity please go to our Big Help Out Grant webpage.
To register local Big Help Out activities please visit our Volunteering website.
Who can apply?
- Community and voluntary groups
- Faith groups (provided their activities are inclusive)
- Charities, including small charities and registered charities
- Other not for profit organisations
- Residents Associations – larger scale events for an area/housing estate.
Applications are open from 20 March to 7 April 2023, subject to funding availability. Decisions will be made on a rolling weekly basis, subject to funding being available.
If your organisation requires information, advice, and guidance more generally about the running of your organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alternatively you can all 01403 215191.