View and comment on planning applications
To view and/or comment on planning applications within the Horsham District, please enter the application number or the postcode relating to the application below, then click Search. To comment, click the Comments tab. Before you comment on an application, please read our guidance below on what comments we can take into account.
If you do not have a reference or postcode for the application, or simply wish to search for applications in your area, click the button below to search the Planning System
To search for a case related to Planning Enforcement use the search function below and enter a keyword, reference number, postcode or single line of an address.
What comments are taken into account?
We welcome any comments, whether in support of an application or objecting to it, but in making a decision we can only take account of planning considerations. The lists below outline what a relevant planning material consideration is and what an irrelevant consideration is.
This list is not exhaustive and the information you enter will be made available on our website.
Relevant material considerations
- Planning Policy including government guidance
- Case law and previous decisions
- Highway, safety, traffic and parking
- Noise, disturbance and smells
- Overshadowing and loss of privacy
- Effects on listed buildings and areas of conservation
- Loss of trees
- Design, appearance, materials and character
- Matters covered by other legislation
- Effect on value of property
- Private property right
- Personal and financial circumstances
- Loss of views
- Moral or religious issues
- Restrictive covenants
- Private disputes between neighbours
Offensive, racist, discriminatory, threatening and other statements that are not appropriate will not be published.
- Offensive statements lower a person's reputation personally within their trade, profession or business.
- Racist statements are those that are offensive or discriminate against individuals on racial grounds, including their race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins. Gypsies and other minorities are racial groups.
- Statements that discriminate on grounds of religion, sexuality or disability will also not be published.
- Comments that include such statements will be rejected and returned back to you but can be resubmitted in a more acceptable form.
The Council is bound by the Equality Act 2010 which applies to those providing services and public functions and prohibits direct and indirect discrimination and harassment all of which these types of remarks might amount to.
What personal information will be published about me if I comment?
We collect your name, address, email address and telephone number when you make a comment. We use the data you give us to verify your identity and to help ensure that the process of making comments is not left open to abuse.
Since the introduction of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we do not publish the name of a person making a comment. We will also not publish your email address or telephone number to the public.
If a person requests that their address is removed from the public domain we can offer to do this and publish the comment, but the comment may be treated as anonymous and may not be taken into account.
The content of comments form part of the Statutory Register and we have a duty to make this information available to the public.
Using our material
Plans, drawings and other material submitted to the local authority are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (section 47). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.