Exercise referral scheme
The GP Referral scheme is a 10-week exercise programme open to residents who are referred to us by their GP or healthcare professional.
The scheme offers a programme of tailor-made activity at a local leisure centre for the prevention, improvement or management of your health condition. During the sessions, a trained exercise specialist will be on hand to guide and support you.
If you are referred to us, you must be prepared to attend, a maximum of 20, appointment based sessions of exercise, preferably within a 10 week period.
How much does it cost?
Your first consultation at the leisure centre is free, then you will be given a discount for the sessions.
Once you have completed your programme, you may be offered further discounts to encourage you to continue using the leisure centre.
How does the referral process work?
- Initial meeting with your GP or healthcare professional.
- You meet the referral criteria.
- Your GP or healthcare professional completes and signs Section A of the referral form.
- You complete and sign Section B of the form.
- You or your healthcare professional will then need to either send or scan/email the form to the Wellbeing team at Horsham District Council.
- The Wellbeing team will register you on the scheme with your chosen leisure centre.
- The leisure centre will contact you to arrange an induction/assessment.
- You start the course.
- At the end of the course you will receive a questionnaire to complete.
- You may be offered an incentive to continue exercising at the leisure centre.