Sign up for garden waste collections
Get your garden waste collected every two weeks with our simple service. Sign up and pay for the year online.
Garden waste disposal is a paid-for service in Horsham District. For £41 per year we will collect your garden waste bin every two weeks.
- The service runs for a 12 month period from April 1 to March 31. We make 25 collections per year
- There is no discount for signing up part-way through the year
- If you do not have a garden waste bin at your home, you will need to buy one when you sign up for the service. The garden waste bin has green sides and a brown lid. Garden waste bins cost £40.50 for a 140 litre and £43.40 for a 240 litre bin
- You can sign up extra bins to the service for £31 each
Garden waste sign ups for the year 2020/21 have now closed. Registrations for the year 2021/22 will be available from the end of January 2021.
What goes in your garden waste bin
You can put all of the following in the garden waste bin:
- Plant prunings
- Grass cuttings
- Twigs and small branches (no larger than the width of your wrist)
- Old or used compost
Please do not put the following in the garden waste bin:
- Pet bedding or pet waste
- Plastic bags and liners
- Household rubbish
- Household recyclables
- Kitchen waste, including peelings and egg shells
- Stones and hardcore
- Packaging labelled as compostable
Terms and conditions of the garden waste service
There are some circumstances in which we will not collect your garden waste.
If you are moving house within the District, you can choose whether or not to transfer your garden waste service. Call us on 01403 739459 to let us know your intentions. If you wish to transfer the service we will do this within 10 working days of your call or on a later date that you specify.
If you do not wish to transfer your service, we will not be able to refund you.
We are unable to provide refunds if you decide that you no longer require the service part way through the year.
You do have a statutory right to cancel within fourteen working days of receiving the terms and conditions.
Requests to cancel the service must be in writing to Operational Services, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be accepted by telephone.