If you do not want to sign up to the garden waste service you will need to find an alternative way of dealing with your garden waste. Try home composting, or take your garden waste to your local Household Waste Recycling Site free of charge where it is sent off for composting.
Sign up for garden waste collections
Garden waste disposal is a paid-for service in Horsham District. For £49 you'll get convenient kerbside garden waste collections for a whole year.
- The service runs for a 12 month period from 1 April to 31 March
- We make 25 collections per year. Bins are collected every two weeks, except at Christmas
- Visit our Garden waste bin page for information on what you can and cannot put in your garden waste bin
- There is no discount for signing up part-way through the year
- If you do not have a garden waste bin at your home, you will need to buy one when you sign up for the service. The garden waste bin has green sides and a brown lid. Garden waste bins cost £46 for a 140 litre and £50 for a 240 litre bin
- You can sign up extra bins to the service for £41 each
- Your service will start once you display your garden waste sticker on your bin
To sign up to the garden waste service for 2023/24, click the button below. If you are an existing customer you can use this form to renew your service.
Terms and conditions of the garden waste service
There are some circumstances in which we will not collect your garden waste.
2023/24 terms and conditions
Garden waste service terms and conditions 2023/24
2022/23 terms and conditions
If you are moving house within the District, you can choose whether or not to transfer your garden waste service. Call us on 01403 739459 to let us know your intentions. If you wish to transfer the service we will do this within 10 working days of your call or on a later date that you specify.
If you do not wish to transfer your service, we will not be able to refund you.
We are unable to provide refunds if you decide that you no longer require the service part way through the year.
You do have a statutory right to cancel within fourteen working days of receiving the terms and conditions. Please note that refunds are only offered on return of your unused membership sticker.
Requests to cancel the service must be in writing to Operational Services, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be accepted by telephone.