Large item collection
We can collect large household waste items that won't fit in your bin. It’s easy to book a large item collection, and your items will be picked up by one of our teams.
Our large item collection service is most often used by residents who want to get rid of:
- Beds and headboards
- Mattresses and futons
- Bedroom furniture
- Sofas, sofabeds, armchairs and footstools, including recliners (you need to book a separate Upholstered furniture collection for these)
- Bookcases, cupboards, desks, dressers and cabinets
- Tables and chairs, including folding versions and garden versions. Coffee tables as long as they have no glass
- Kitchen appliances, including fridge/freezers (domestic only), microwaves, hobs, cookers and ovens
- Bathtubs and sinks
- Washing machine/tumble dryers and dishwashers
- Rotary washing lines, ironing boards and clothes airers
- Vacuum cleaners
- Electricals, including TVs and computer screens
- Radiators, but not storage heaters
- Coat stands
- Internal and external doors, as long as they have no glass
- Window blinds
You can request a large item collection for up to eight items.
In accordance with Government regulations, large item collections of Waste Upholstered Domestic Seating (WUDS) must be collected separately. If you require any of the following items to be collected:
- sofa beds
- kitchen and dining room chairs
- stools and foot stools
- home office chairs
- bean bags, floor and sofa cushions
visit our Upholstered furniture collection webpage. This includes any part made of or containing leather, synthetic leather, other fabric, or foam.
Large item collections are £28 for the first item and £20 each for each additional item.
Example: If you have two items to be collected, the cost will be £48.
The following price discounts apply:
- If you receive full housing benefit and Council Tax Support: 50% discount
- If you receive full benefits and are state pension age: Free collection
Large item collection service terms and conditions
Before you book
There are plenty of people, places and charities that might like your unwanted items. If yours is in usable condition, please consider swapping, selling or donating it.
Book a large item collection
Click the button below to book a large item collection online.
Items must be put outside the front of the property before 6am on the day of collection in an easily accessible location. We are unable to enter a property to remove items.
If you are a business looking to book a large item collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org