Large item collection
We can collect large household waste items that won't fit in your bin. It’s easy to book a large item collection, and your items will be picked up by one of our teams.
Our large item collection service is most often used by residents who want to get rid of:
- Beds and headboards
- Mattresses and futons
- Bedroom furniture
- Sofas, sofabeds, armchairs and footstools, including recliners
- Bookcases, cupboards, desks, dressers and cabinets
- Tables and chairs, including folding versions and garden versions. Coffee tables as long as they have no glass
- Kitchen appliances, including fridge/freezers, microwaves, hobs, cookers and ovens
- Bathtubs and sinks
- Washing machine/tumble dryers and dishwashers
- Rotary washing lines, ironing boards and clothes airers
- Vacuum cleaners
- Electricals, including TVs and computer screens
- Radiators, but not storage heaters
- Coat stands
- Internal and external doors, as long as they have no glass
- Window blinds
You can request a large item collection for up to eight items.
|Number of items||Price for collection|
|2-8||£20+ £14 per additional item|
The following price discounts apply:
- If you receive full housing benefit and Council Tax Support: 50% discount
- If you are state pension age and receive full benefits: Free collection
Before you book
There are plenty of people, places and charities that might like your unwanted items. If yours is in usable condition, please consider swapping, selling or donating it.
Book a large item collection
Please call our Customer Care Team on 01403 733144 with a list of items you would like collected. The office is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Please have your debit/credit card ready for payment.
Items should be put outside the front of the property before 6am on the day of collection in an easily accessible location. Please note that we are unable to enter a property to remove items.
Supervised Collection (limited service)
If you have mixed materials that you would like collected, for example building waste or items that do not fit into the single item list above, members of our team will need to come out and price up your materials.