Apply for a demolition notice
Our demolition management service helps ensure that buildings are demolished safely. When we receive a Demolition Notice from a contractor, we send them a list of requirements detailing how the demolition should be carried out. This includes:
- the weathering and shoring of adjacent buildings
- a ban on the burning of any materials on site
- a requirement to minimise the effect on adjoining properties
- a requirement for them to ensure the site is safe and secure
Buildings cannot be demolished without a demolition notice. We must ensure that the relevant conditions are being complied with.
This service is free of charge. The easiest way to apply is online using our online application form.
Apply by email or post
To apply for a demolition notice by email or post, please complete the following steps:
- Open our Demolition notice form
- Fill it in on your computer (you can type in the text fields) or print it out
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Sussex Building Control, Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL
Do I need planning permission?
You may also need planning permission for your proposed work, especially if the building is listed or within a conservation area