Community Climate Fund
The Community Climate Fund is a grant available to community groups and organisations that share our vision of becoming a carbon neutral District. Horsham District Council aims to empower non-profit groups and organisations to reduce their carbon emissions and create community value locally.
- Carbon Emissions – Reduce carbon emissions and other climate warming gases.
- Energy – Reduce consumption of energy and install low carbon or renewable forms of energy.
- Water – Reduce consumption of water and reduce threats from flooding.
- Waste – Minimise waste, reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- Biodiversity – Increase biodiversity and wildlife in the district.
- Transport – Reduce the need to travel and increase cycling, walking and use of public transport.
Other considerations - education, wellbeing, community involvement, and potential for long-term positive change.
Up to £5,000 per application.
*Applying for the full amount will require match funding.
- A non-profit organisation or group (with no undue restriction on membership) that is based in Horsham District.
- Seeking to create a new project that will reduce carbon emissions through at least one category of energy, water, waste, biodiversity or transport.
- The project would serve at least 80% Horsham District residents.
- You have not received a Community Climate Fund or Nature Recovery Award within the past 365 days.
- The project requires funding for essential materials and professional services (beyond the expertise of your organisation).
To apply you will need...
- Measurable outputs and outcomes specific to your project
- A formal constitution or set of rules
- Your own bank account and audited accounts
- Safeguarding and equal opportunity policies (if deemed relevant)
- Evidence of 2 quotes for any building works and individual expenses over £1,000
The Voluntary Sector Support (VSS) are happy to offer free support for creating organisational documents.
Conditions of funding
- Funding must be spent within one year of receiving it
- 6-month progress update
- 12-month progress report on outputs and outcomes
- Signed terms and conditions
- Before and after photos
- Marketing material for projects must include HDC logo
When can you apply?
- 2 January 2024 - 16 February 2024 (12 noon)
- 1 April 2024 - 12 May 2024
- 1 July 2024 - 11 August 2024
Submitting your application
We strongly encourage you to discuss your application before applying. We offer free tailored support to maximise your opportunities. Please call our friendly and approachable team at 01403 215156 or email email@example.com.
Below is a draft application form. We recommended using this to prepare the information before completing the online application (that must be completed in one session).
Please contact us with any application queries as we are available with personal support.
Nature Recovery Award
The Community Climate Fund works in partnership with Wilder Horsham District's Nature Recovery Award. It focuses support for landowners and community groups intending to implement practical schemes that expand and improve wildlife connectivity in the Horsham District landscape.
If you are unsure which fund is more applicable for your project, please do get in touch to ask.