Assets of community value
In this section
A building or land can be nominated to become an asset of community value at any time, including after a property or land has been placed on the market.
Organisations that can nominate an asset include:
- Parish Councils
- Unincorporated Groups - there must be at least 21 members on the local electoral roll
- A neighbourhood forum
- A charity
- A community interest company
- A company limited by guarantee that is non-profit distributing
- An industrial and provident society that is non- profit distributing
Individuals, County and District Local Authorities may not make nominations.
All organisations must have a local connection to the land or building they wish to nominate. This usually means that its activities are wholly or partly concerned with Horsham District.
A nomination has to include certain information:
- The address of the property/land
- Details of the owner and current occupants
- The extent of the site and its proposed boundaries
- Why you feel it is an asset of community value
- Evidence of your eligibility to nominate
Read the application form guidance notes
Download the form below to nominate an asset