Coronavirus: Community support
If you require support for food shopping or medication, the following services can help you:
West Sussex Covid-19 Community Hub
The West Sussex Covid-19 Community Hub can help if:
- You are going to run out of food or medicine within the next three days.
- You have been formally asked to shield or self-isolate.
- Call the West Sussex Covid-19 Community Hub on 033 022 27980 (8.00am - 8.00pm, 7 days a week)
NHS Volunteer Responder Service:
Patient transport to medical appointments must be requested via a healthcare professional
You are eligible for support from the NHS Volunteer Responder Service if:
- You have ever been advised to shield by a health professional.
- You are vulnerable for another reason, (for instance, due to disability, pregnancy, aged over 70, you have a long-term condition such as Parkinson's or epilepsy, or are vulnerable due to a mental health condition).
- You have caring responsibilities.
- You are self-isolating because you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms, or you’ve been in contact with someone who has.
- You have been instructed to self-isolate by the ‘Test and Trace’ service, because you’ve been near someone infected.
- You are self-isolating ahead of planned hospital care.
- You have been instructed to self-isolate following entry into the country.
- The programme’s support services are also open to frontline health and care staff.
- Call the NHS Volunteer Responder Service on 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm seven days a week)
I want to volunteer to help. Who do I contact?
We are not currently recruiting volunteers to help with covid-19 community support. However, our Voluntary Sector Support team have many other local volunteering opportunities.