Cost of living support
Use this page to find information and advice to help with cost of living this winter.
Help with food
- Local charity Horsham Matters run Horsham Foodbank
- Citizens Advice can also refer to Foodbank
- West Sussex Community Hub will help if your request is urgent
- A number of pop-up Community Fridges operate in Horsham and surrounding areas
Help with fuel
- Citizens Advice can offer help and advice
- Ofgem is the independent energy regulator and has useful advice on help with high energy bills
- The Warmer Homes grant offers funding for energy-efficiency measures to low-income households
- For tips to help you save money on your energy bills, visit our Energy saving webpage
Help with housing
If you are homeless or facing homelessness in Horsham District, please contact our Housing team as soon as possible.
Help with debt and money
- Citizens Advice can offer help and advice on managing finances and debt.
- Visit our Managing money and debt advice page for details of local support
- Find out how to manage your money and get help with debts through the Government’s Money Navigator Tool
Help with your mental wellbeing
- The NHS website has lots of resources to help you manage your mental health
- Our wellbeing team, Horsham District Wellbeing, offers advice and help to find local support on its Healthy mind page
Local face to face help
As well as looking for support online, there are lots of friendly places around the District you can drop in to for a chat and advice.
Help for businesses and charities
If you run a business or charity, take a look at the following pages:
Help for Armed Forces personnel
- Cost of Living grants from the Royal British Legion are available for eligible serving and ex-serving Armed Forces personnel.