Cost of living support
Use this page to find information and advice to help with cost of living.
Find community services in your area
Use our online search tool to find community groups, charities and council support tailored to your needs. You can search by area as well as category of help to narrow down the results.
Help with food
- Local charity Horsham Matters run Horsham Foodbank
- Citizens Advice can also refer to Foodbank
- West Sussex Community Hub will help if your request is urgent
- A number of pop-up Community Fridges operate in Horsham and surrounding areas
- West Sussex Libraries are providing Essential Toiletries Kits
Help with fuel/heating
- The Government's Energy Bills Support Scheme discount is given out automatically to most households.
- If you live in a park home, houseboat, off the electricity grid or pay for energy indirectly, apply for the Energy Bills Support Scheme's Alternative Funding online
- Citizens Advice can offer help and advice
- Ofgem is the independent energy regulator and has useful advice on help with high energy bills
- The Warmer Homes grant offers funding for energy-efficiency measures to low-income households
- For tips to help you save money on your energy bills, visit our Energy saving webpage
- Horsham Matters are providing warm spaces for those who are struggling to heat their homes over the winter period
Help with pets
- Southwater Pet Food Bank provides help for families struggling to feed their pets in Southwater and the surrounding areas
Help with housing
If you are homeless or facing homelessness in Horsham District, please contact our Housing team as soon as possible.
- What to do if you are facing homelessness
- Get help to stay in your home
- Discretionary Housing Payments to help you pay your rent
Help with debt and money
- Citizens Advice can offer help and advice on managing finances and debt.
- Visit our Managing money and debt advice page for details of local support
- Find out how to manage your money and get help with debts through the Government’s Money Navigator Tool
Help with your mental wellbeing
- The NHS website has lots of resources to help you manage your mental health
- Our wellbeing team, Horsham District Wellbeing, offers advice and help to find local support on its Healthy mind page
Local face to face help
As well as looking for support online, there are lots of friendly places around the District you can drop in to for a chat and advice.
Help for businesses and charities
If you run a business or charity, take a look at the following pages:
Help for Armed Forces personnel
- Cost of Living grants from the Royal British Legion are available for eligible serving and ex-serving Armed Forces personnel.