Plan an event

Temporary road closures for street parties

If you are planning to hold a street party and wish to use the public highway it will be necessary to officially close the road. To do this, you need to apply for a Temporary Road Closure Order.

There is no charge or insurance requirement if the road closure is for a street party.

A Temporary Road Closure Order is required for any event which may stop the flow of traffic on the public highway within the Horsham District. Please apply for your temporary road closure at least six weeks before the event.

How to apply for a temporary road closure

Fees for a Coronation street party road closure have been waived for the period 6 - 8 May 2023. 
All applications for a Coronation Street Party between 6 - 8 May must be submitted to the Council by Friday 24 March 2023.

Click the button below to apply online. To request a paper version of the form, email

Apply for a road closure

For detailed guidance on planning an outdoor event, please read our Guide to organising outdoor events.

After you apply

On receipt of the application form, the necessary consultation procedure will be carried out and you will be sent a copy of the advertisement notice for you to display on site.

Please make sure you display it on site when you receive it.

Please make sure you read the standard conditions in the PDF below.

Standard conditions