Plan an event

Temporary road closures for parades and festivals

If you are planning a festival, carnival procession, parade, shopping event or similar, please click the button below to give us the required information and apply for a road closure online.

Apply for a road closure

To close the road for a community event there is usually an administrative charge of £100 per application. This charge has been waived for the Coronation weekend Friday 5- Monday 8 May.

Organisations making application should have public liability insurance cover for the sum of £10 million.

View upcoming road closures and open applications

Further guidance for planning your event

It is the applicant's responsibility to check with our Licensing Department to see if any particular licenses are required for events that are proposed to be held for which the temporary road closure has been applied for.

For detailed guidance on holding an outdoor event, please read our Guide to organising outdoor events.

For detailed advice on holding a bonfire or fireworks event, please read the Department for Communities and Local Government guide to celebrating bonfire night