Food safety courses
Our Environmental Health team offers two Food safety courses:
- The CIEH Foundation (Level 2) Certificate in Food Safety: a one-day course designed for anyone working in a food business. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to prepare and cook food that is safe for consumption.
- Food Safety Update Course: a half-day refresher course for those who already have their Foundation course.
Who are these courses for?
- Food handlers preparing or cooking food for consumers
- Anyone wishing to refresh previously learned skills and knowledge
- Businesses looking to provide staff development to food employees
- Self-employed, food-based small business owners
CIEH Foundation (Level 2) Certificate in Food Safety
This course reinforces the importance of food safety and provides learners with an understanding of how to identify and control food safety hazards in their own workplace.
- Offers the minimum standards for the food safety industry
- Recognises good practice as a food handler
- Gives confidence to consumers
- Course is taught by experienced Environmental Health Officers
- Includes a course handbook
- The course is held in small groups at the council offices
- A qualification certificate is provided on successful completion
The course is from 9.30am to 4.30pm and includes a multiple-choice assessment. Places cost £84. An examination resit costs £20.
Book a place
We are taking bookings for the following course dates:
- Thursday 22nd September 2022
- Thursday 1st December 2022
- Thursday 23rd February 2023
To book a course place, please click the button below and book online. You can choose, book and pay for your course using our online system.
Food Safety Update Course
If you already have a Foundation/Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Food Safety, it is recommended that you take an Update/Refresher Course after three years.
We offer a half-day Food Safety Update course, which provides a simple and concise update on food safety.
The course is held in small groups at the council offices from 2.00pm to 5.00pm and includes a multiple-choice assessment. A qualification certificate is provided on successful completion. Places cost £40.
Book a place
Next date for Food Safety Update Course to be advised.
To register an interest in taking a future Food Safety Update course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Once a date is confirmed, to book a course place, please click the button below and book online. You can choose, book and pay for your course using our online system.
Sign up to our email newsletter
Sign up to our email updates to receive information about our upcoming course dates directly to your inbox.