Looking beyond the difficult financial pressures that the Council currently faces, it is important that the Council is clear on its future direction, by putting the customer at the heart of our thinking, making improvements to services and making savings where we can.
The Corporate Plan identifies key priorities that have been grouped and presented under five broad headings which cover our economic, environmental, social and organisational responsibilities.
- A great place to live - creating well balanced communities that meet residents’ needs
- A thriving economy - Increase economic growth and create new local jobs
- A strong, safe and healthy community - Ensure Horsham District remains one of the best places in Sussex to live
- A cared-for environment - Prioritise the protection of our environment as we move to a low-carbon future
- A modern and flexible Council - Make it easy for our residents to access the services that they need.
The Corporate Plan also shows how the Council’s routine work contributes to the Corporate Plan priorities.
Our draft corporate plan is the Corporate Plan 2019-23. It was agreed by Cabinet on 26 September 2019 and is subject to further consultation.
View our current and previous corporate plans below.