Dangerous animals licences

You need a licence to keep some animals that are listed under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

The full list of animals you need a licence for is available.

This licence does not apply to animals kept in a zoo, circus, pet shop or places registered to perform experiments.

Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence

To apply for or renew a dangerous wild animal licence, please fill in the online form below and pay by credit or debit card. You will be emailed a copy of the form.

A two-year Dangerous Wild Animals Licence costs £278.00 + Vet Fee.

To apply for a Dangerous Wild Animals Licence sign up to or sign in to our citizen portal and complete the  "Dangerous Wild Animal Permit" application (this can be found under "Request new licence" in the menu). If you have any problems please contact ehl@horsham.gov.uk.