Apply for a dual taxi and private hire driver badge
If you plan to drive both a taxi and a private hire vehicle, you can apply for a dual badge.
The dual badge costs £166. The application process involves elements of both the private hire driver licence and the Hackney Carriage driver licence applications.
To apply for a dual badge, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Fill in the dual badge online form and pay £34 in advance for the licence byelaws and dementia/human trafficking test
- Read our Criminal Convictions Policy
- Read the Byelaws to prepare for the byelaws and dementia/human trafficking test
- Prepare for the verbal knowledge test - an example question is at the bottom of the Hackney Carriage driver licence guidance notes
- Read the Private hire licence conditions test guidance to prepare for the licence conditions test
- When you are ready, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our licence fees are valid until 31 March 2021. The fee you pay depends on the length of your licence.
|Licence length||Renewal fee|
|Three year (must run concurrently with DBS)||£370|