Read a summary of the Draft Local Plan
We have now completed a series of Draft Local Plan drop-in events that took place around the District as part of a six week consultation period between 17 February 2020 and 5pm on 30 March 2020.
For those who were not able to attend one of these events, we have published the panels from the exhibition here. These PDF panels are also a useful summary of the key issues in the Local Plan.
The Regulation 18 consultation on the Draft Local Plan has now closed.
There is a panel for each of the nine strategic sites that are being considered as possible development sites in the Local Plan.
An introduction to the Local Plan
- Welcome to the Local Plan exhibition (PDF File, 309.8 KB)
- What is a Local Plan and why do we need one (PDF File, 349.4 KB)
- Issues the Local Plan will address (PDF File, 296.0 KB)
- Meeting Community Needs (PDF File, 272.5 KB)
- Consultation information (PDF File, 384.4 KB)
An introduction to Housing allocations
- Housing targets (PDF File, 358.4 KB)
- Types of housing allocation sites (PDF File, 269.9 KB)
- Potential strategic site map (PDF File, 957.7 KB)
Summaries of each large-scale strategic site
- Land at Adversane West Chiltington Kingswood (PDF File, 2.7 MB)
- Land East of Billingshurst Little Daux (PDF File, 3.3 MB)
- Land West of Billingshurst Newbridge Park (PDF File, 3.5 MB)
- Land at Buck Barn West Grinstead (PDF File, 3.0 MB)
- Land West of Crawley Rusper (PDF File, 2.7 MB)
- Land at Kingsfold Warnham North Horsham (PDF File, 2.8 MB)
- Land at Rookwood Horsham (PDF File, 3.9 MB)
- Land West of Southwater (PDF File, 3.3 MB)
- Land North East of Henfield (Mayfield) (PDF File, 2.9 MB)