Leisure Access Card terms and conditions
- A Leisure Access Card (LAC) is available to residents of the Horsham District who receive one of the benefits in the Eligibility criteria
- The LAC may only be used by the person whose name and card number are stated on the card, along with any children and young people under 16 who are under the guardianship of the adult stated on the card.
- Applicants should apply online or, on the phone or in person with proof of their eligibility and proof of their address. Children under 16 years will appear on the adult’s card and do not need a separate LAC. Children and young people aged 16 years and over will need to apply in their own right.
- A spouse / partner or other relative of the LAC card holder should apply for a LAC in their own right. The LAC and/or membership number must be presented every time the card holder wants to claim the relevant discount. Failure to do so means that the full price will have to be paid.
- The LAC is available for those leisure activities provided on an individual user basis. To qualify for LAC rates on court hire all users must be LAC holders.
- The facilities and activities covered in the LAC scheme are subject to availability and may change or be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- If the status of the cardholder changes it is a condition of the scheme that Horsham District Council is notified immediately (status means your name, address, or state benefit).
- Abuse of any of the terms and conditions outlined above will result in permanent withdrawal of the card.
- Horsham District Council reserves the right to refuse issuing a LAC or withdrawing a LAC from use without having to give permission for doing so.
- HDC will only use the personal details you have provided for this service to contact you by letter, telephone or email for matters related to the Leisure Access Card scheme and to inform you of any similar service provided by the council that may be of interest to you.
- HDC will not send you emails about other Council Services without your permission or share this information with any other organisations unless required to do so in order to provide the service or as permitted by law. You may tell us at any time if you don't want to receive marketing communications about the LAC scheme from us by writing to us providing your full name, address and LAC membership number.
- We will also use your information for analysis purposes in order to improve our service. This will be anonymised prior to any disclosure. Our full Data and Privacy statement concerning information we gather for this service can be viewed on our Privacy statement page.