LEAP Small Business Grants
LEAP is now open to applications until 23 December 2021 and will relaunch January 2022 if there is funding remaining. Apply online now.
LEAP grants are a small injection of funding of up to £2,000 aimed at start-ups and small businesses based in the Horsham District, with less than 20 FTE employees. You will need to match fund the grant funding by contributing towards 25% of your total project cost with your own investment.
In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registered with Companies House or HMRC
- Less than 20 employees (FTE)
- Located in Horsham District
- 25% match funding
- Must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan
Please note: the LEAP grant cannot go towards project expenditure that was spent prior to the date of application. Applicants who have received 2 or more LEAP grants in the past are also excluded from submitting any further applications.
Eligible project expenditure includes: equipment, building works, e-commerce, etc. but does NOT include salaries, overheads, rent or stock.
Apply for LEAP funding
Applying is easy. All you will need to do is fill in our online application form and include the following:
- Details of the project you are applying for and how it will help establish or future-proof your business
- The timescale of the project you are intending to use the funding for
- A breakdown of how you will use the grant, plus your own financial contributions. Use our LEAP Grant project expenditure sheet to do this.
- Your fully costed, 3-year business plan. If you require a business plan template and advice, please visit the Government website. You can also find more useful links on our Start Up Local page.
Grant money release dates
The current round of LEAP funding is open to applications until 23 December 2021 and will relaunch January 2022 if there is funding remaining. Appraisal panel meetings are held every 4 weeks, therefore you will be notified of a decision within 4 weeks of submitting your application. Apply now.
Appraisal panel meetings are currently scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Friday 3 December 2021
- Friday 31 December 2021
To make sure you're the first to know when the next LEAP funding round opens, sign up to our Business email newsletter
If you have any queries, please contact our Economic Development Team at BusinessDevelopment@horsham.gov.uk
East Clayton Farm
"We had a LEAP Grant to develop our donkey walking website and leaflet and a grant to help link our opportunities with wider tourism offers," says Jean Rolfe, CEO of East Clayton Farm. The organisation is a charity that provides a range of accommodation and activities on site for vulnerable people. The donkey walks are a way for the charity to raise more money to grow their work.
"The grants were very helpful and supported the development of an idea that we needed seed funding to implement," says Jean. "The donkey walking is proving hugely successful and Horsham District Council have played an integral role in supporting this opportunity."