LEAP Small Business Grants
LEAP is now open to applications and will close on 30 May 2021. Apply online now.
Please note: before starting your application you must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan, which you will need to submit on the online form. If you require a business plan template, please visit the Prince's Trust website. You can also find more useful links on our Start Up Local page.
LEAP grants are a small injection of funding of up to £2,000 aimed at start-ups and small businesses based in the Horsham District, with less than 20 FTE employees and who have registered within the last 12 months (as at 1 September 2020). You will need to match fund the grant funding by contributing towards 30% of your total project cost with your own investment.
In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registered with Companies House or HMRC
- Less than 20 employees (FTE)
- Trading for less than 12 months (as at 1 September 2020)
- Located in Horsham District
- 30% match funding
- Must have a fully costed, 3-year business plan
All previous applicants that have been awarded a LEAP grant from 2017 to date, are excluded from submitting further applications.
Eligible project expenditure includes: equipment, building works, e-commerce, etc but does NOT include salaries, overheads, rent or stock.
Apply for LEAP funding
Applying is easy. All you need to do is fill in our online form and include the following:
- Details of the project you are applying for and how it will help establish or 'future-proof' your business
- The timescale of the project you are intending to use the funding for
- A breakdown of how you will use the grant, plus your own financial contributions (at least 30% of your total project value)
- Your fully costed, 3-year business plan
Grant money release dates
The grant money will be released in three tranches:
- Round 1 – completed (ran 30 September 2020 to 30 November 2020)
- Round 2 – completed (ran 14 January 2021 to 28 February 2021)
- Round 3 – now open, closes 30 May 2021. Apply online now.
To make sure you're the first to know when the next LEAP funding round opens, sign up to our Business email newsletter
If you have any queries, please contact our Economic Development Team at BusinessDevelopment@horsham.gov.uk
East Clayton Farm
"We had a LEAP Grant to develop our donkey walking website and leaflet and a grant to help link our opportunities with wider tourism offers," says Jean Rolfe, CEO of East Clayton Farm. The organisation is a charity that provides a range of accommodation and activities on site for vulnerable people. The donkey walks are a way for the charity to raise more money to grow their work.
"The grants were very helpful and supported the development of an idea that we needed seed funding to implement," says Jean. "The donkey walking is proving hugely successful and Horsham District Council have played an integral role in supporting this opportunity."