Skip to content

Contact us

The Parkside offices in Horsham for West Sussex County Council and Horsham District Council are closed to the public.

You can continue to access Council services online: please help family members and neighbours to access services if necessary. If you have an urgent enquiry please phone our customer services team on 01403 215100.

If you are homeless or facing homelessness please contact us by email For Homeless Outreach Support contact us 9am-5pm Monday-Friday on 07519 110031.

Contact the Council online

Call us: 01403 215100


Fax number: 01403 262985

DX code: DX 57609 HORSHAM – 6

Note: Telephone calls to the Council may be recorded for training and quality purposes.

Find us

Horsham District Council
Chart Way
West Sussex
RH12 1RL

Office hours

The offices are currently closed to the public.

Disabled access

  • There are two disabled parking places at the front of the Parkside building. If you need to park on site at Parkside, please contact us in advance so that arrangements can be made.
  • We have two accessible/disabled parking bays by the side of The Capitol Horsham theatre and cinema. There is a pedestrian crossing, and there is level access.
  • There are further accessible bays in North Street car park and many regular sized parking bays.

Horsham District Council office location map

Call 01403 733144 to talk to our team about:

  • Recycling and waste collections
  • Bin orders
  • Bulky household waste collection service
  • Bulky Bags
  • Litter and street cleaning
  • Dog waste bin emptying
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Fly-tipping
  • Recycling Education and Awareness
  • Business waste services
  • Waste management, education and awareness
  • Waste management enforcement enquiries
  • Waste minimisation, composting and awareness

For commercial waste enquiries, please email

Strategic Planning (Planning Policy)

Planning management

If you are contacting the team about a specific application, it is helpful if you tell us the name of the Case Officer. Visit our Development Management team page for officer names and titles.

Sussex Building Control

Our surveyors are available to deal with case specific enquiries before 10.30 or after 15.00 Mon-Friday.

A duty surveyor is available to answer general enquiries on 01403 215151 from 15.00 to 17.00 Mon-Friday

Housing Benefits

Housing Allocations and Advisory Services

Contact your Housing Association

Please contact your own Housing Association landlord with any queries regarding:

  • Housing Management
  • Housing Rents and Arrears
  • Housing Repairs

Renovation grants and private renting

Call 01403 215405 to speak to our team about:

  • Housing Renovation Grants
  • Private Sector Housing (including caravans)


Call 01403 215641 to speak to our team about:

  • Animal welfare
  • Nuisances
  • Food hygiene
  • Street trading
  • Tattooists and acupuncture
  • Caravan licensing
  • Drainage

Hackney carriage and private hire licences

Call: 01403 215288 or 01403 215471

Alcohol licensing

Call: 01403 215525 or 01403 215578


Open spaces, parks, gardens and sports pitches

Call: 01403 215256

Children's playgrounds

Call: 01403 215294

Trees and woodlands

Call: 01403 215255

Contact our leisure centres

Fill in the Places Leisure online contact form or call the numbers below to get in touch with our leisure centres.

  • Billingshurst Leisure Centre: 01403 787500
  • The Bridge: 01403 211311
  • Pavilions In The Park: 01403 219200
  • High Places Horsham: 01403 219219
  • Steyning Leisure Centre: 01403 879666

Contact Rookwood Golf Course

Contact our cultural venues

Horsham Museum and Art Gallery

Horsham District Visitor Information Centre

The Capitol theatre, cinema and cafe

Make a comment or complaint

If you are unhappy with the service that we have provided you can share a comment or make a complaint to us easily online.

Make a complaint

The public is entitled and encouraged to contact the Council and to receive replies. Contacts may comprise comments, representations on planning applications, criticisms of a policy which the Council has adopted, information useful to the Council, requests for services or formal complaints. Find out what types of complaints we accept.

Where a matter is sufficiently serious to accord with the definition of a complaint and cannot be resolved through informal contacts or discussion, your expression of dissatisfaction will be treated as a complaint. The Council follows a two stage initial process. A third external process may be available.For information about how we process complaints, please read our complaints procedure.


Find national Government service and information.

West Sussex County Council

Find County Council services and information, including schools, social care, highways and roads.

Parish and Neighbourhood Councils

Contact your local Parish or Neighbourhood Council.