Working for Horsham District Council
Every member of staff at Horsham District Council plays a part in supporting our community and keeping local services running. We have a friendly, supportive working environment and are proud to offer our staff training and development opportunities across different departments. We are a small Council, and have around 400 employees - this means you really do get to know everyone.
We all work hard to make a difference to the residents of Horsham District, and are always on the lookout for people who want to join us.
Benefits of working for Horsham District Council include:
- Enrolment in the generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays, for full-time staff (annual leave year 1 April-31 March)
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Staff discounts with a number of local businesses
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised car park season tickets
Normal hours of work for full-time employees are 37 hours per week. Most departments have flexible working policies.
Why choose Horsham?
Horsham District is an exciting place to work because we have so much going on and a fantastic innovative staff who we encourage to come up with new ideas.
- We're launching new commercial services
- Our Community Link team are award-winning innovators
- Our Housing team delivers the highest number of affordable homes in Sussex in partnership with registered providers, and has created an affordable housing company to deliver permanent affordable homes
- Our Planning and Development department is working on a Local Plan Review of the District
- Our Town Centre Events team plan 12 festival-style events every year as well as children's trails
- Horsham Town Centre is attracting investment, most recently with the Piries Place regeneration
Our commitments to equality and diversity
At Horsham District Council we are committed to the principles of equality and diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to recruit a diverse workforce. Read more about our policies on the Our employment commitments page.