Apprenticeships and work experience
In this section
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an apprenticeship or other job. Traineeships are delivered by training providers and funded by the government. Employers provide the valuable work experience placement and interview as part of the programme.
Find out more about traineeships on the GOV.UK website.
Who can apply for a traineeship?
You can apply for a traineeship if you are:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 (A level)
You may be ready for an apprenticeship if you already have some work experience.
You will get:
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)