Gambling, gaming and lotteries

Apply for a gambling premises licence

We issue gambling premises licences for:

  • Betting offices
  • Bingo clubs
  • Adult gaming centres
  • Family entertainment centres

To apply for a gambling premises licence, you need to complete the following steps:

  • Print and complete our Gambling premises licence form
  • Call Licensing on 01403 215578 to determine your fee
  • Return the form to us with the correct fee and a plan of the premises

Transfer a premises licence

If you are considering changing your plans, you can apply to transfer your licence.

To transfer your licence, you need to complete the following steps:

Tacit consent does not apply to the above applications as there are Statutory Time Limits built in to the Primary Legislation.

In general, the Licensing Authority that issued the premises licence or permit will be responsible for monitoring that premises and taking any appropriate action.

Horsham District Council has developed a policy on how it will deal with applications under the Gambling Act, the Gambling Policy. The Policy was last reviewed in 2012 and took effect from 31 January 2013.

For more information on the different authorisations please visit: