Gambling, gaming and lotteries
In this section
Apply for a Club Gaming Permit
We issue permits for gaming machines in:
- Member’s clubs
- Alcohol-licensed premises
- Licensed adult gaming centres
- Licensed and unlicensed family entertainment centres
Alcohol-licensed premises, including member’s clubs, can have two gaming machines without the need for a licence, but you must still notify us. If you plan to have one or two gaming machines, please call Licensing on 01403 215578.
To apply for a gaming machine permit you need to complete the following steps:
- Read our gaming machine permit guidance notes and Gambling Act advice
- Print and complete the Gaming permit and club machine application form
- Call Licensing on 01403 215578 to determine your fee
- Return the form to us with the correct fee and a plan of the premises
Tacit consent does not apply to the above applications as there are Statutory Time Limits built in to the Primary Legislation.
In general, the Licensing Authority that issued the premises licence or permit will be responsible for monitoring that premises and taking any appropriate action.
Horsham District Council has developed a policy on how it will deal with applications under the Gambling Act, the Gambling Policy. The Policy was last reviewed in 2012 and took effect from 31 January 2013.
For more information on the different authorisations please visit: