Southwater Country Park
Enjoy a stroll around the lake, an adventure at Dinosaur Island, and a picnic on the beach
Follow the dinosaur footprints to our children’s play area, a must for little adventurers
In this section
Horsham District’s parks and countryside sites are vitally important at this time. However, social distancing, as set out by the Government, is absolutely crucial. We have therefore put in place some restrictions.
The following conditions currently apply:
- The car parks are open and charges apply
- The beach area on the lake is closed. It will remain closed until we feel it is safe to be able to re-open
- The number of toilets available is limited, while they undergo a deep clean and essential repairs
- The café is open for takeaway service only
- Dinosaur Island play area is open. Please follow play area guidelines
- Watersports is open and managed by Southwater Sports
For additional updates on restrictions and closures across the district, please visit our Coronavirus: Parks, leisure and venues web page
Cafe and visitor centre
Overlooking the lake and just beside the watersports centre, Southwater Country Park Café is a lovely spot to take a break. The café serves a wide range of hot and cold food, including sandwiches, baguettes, jacket potatoes, soup, cream teas and a selection of cakes. There’s a children’s menu, a selection of gluten-free options and even the dogs won’t miss out with our water bowl and doggy ice cream.
Cafe opening times
The Café is open every day except Christmas Day.
Toilets and facilities
The Southwater Country Park toilets are just behind the Café. There is indoor and outdoor seating, including a covered outdoor seating area.