Southwater Country Park
Enjoy a stroll around the lake, an adventure at Dinosaur Island, and a picnic on the beach
Follow the dinosaur footprints to our children’s play area, a must for little adventurers
In this section
Horsham District’s parks and countryside sites are vitally important at this time. However, social distancing, as set out by the Government, is absolutely crucial. We have therefore put in place some restrictions.
From Saturday 4 July, the following conditions will apply;
- Station Road car park is open and charges apply
- Worthing Road and Ben’s Field car parks remain closed
- The beach area on the lake is closed. It will remain closed until we feel it is safe to be able to re-open
- The number of toilets available is limited, while they undergo a deep clean and essential repairs
- The café is open for takeaway service only
- Dinosaur Island play area is open. Please follow play area guidelines
- Watersports is open and managed by Southwater Sports
For additional updates on restrictions and closures across the district, please visit our Coronavirus: Parks, leisure and venues web page
Watersports, fishing and cycling
Visit Southwater Watersports to hire open canoes and kayaks by the half hour, book a group session, learn a new skill or complete a qualification. The centre also runs first aid training, orienteering courses, team-building sessions and family fun days packed with activities.
- Kayak and paddle board hire from £10 for half an hour
- Open canoe hire (for families with children under 8 only) from £20 for half an hour
- School holiday courses
For course times, dates and information on group bookings, visit the Southwater Watersports website.
Lennox Wood Lake can be fished on a day ticket, available at the bank.
Castlewood Lake is a dedicated fishing lake that can be fished by members only. Southwater Angling Club manages the permits and memberships. This mixed coarse fishing lake contains carp, crucians, roach, perch, pike, trench and some eels.
Cycling is not allowed within the park but it is permitted on the Downs Link, which runs alongside the park. Mountain bikes and pod trailers for small children are available to hire from Southwater Watersports.