Southwater Country Park
Enjoy a stroll around the lake, an adventure at Dinosaur Island, and a picnic on the beach
Follow the dinosaur footprints to our children’s play area, a must for little adventurers
In this section
Horsham District’s parks and countryside sites are vitally important at this time. However, social distancing, as set out by the Government, is absolutely crucial. We have therefore put in place some restrictions.
The following conditions currently apply:
- The car parks are open and charges apply
- The beach area on the lake is closed. It will remain closed until we feel it is safe to be able to re-open
- The number of toilets available is limited, while they undergo a deep clean and essential repairs
- The café is open for takeaway service only
- Dinosaur Island play area is open. Please follow play area guidelines
- Watersports is open and managed by Southwater Sports
For additional updates on restrictions and closures across the district, please visit our Coronavirus: Parks, leisure and venues web page
To celebrate Southwater's dinosaur history – did you know a real iguanadon skeleton was found in the lake? – the Country Park’s adventure play area is dedicated to dinosaurs.
Follow the big dinosaur footprints from the Visitor Centre lake up to Dinosaur Island. Discover dinosaur bones in the sand, reach new heights on aerial walkways, swoop on jungle swings and climb all the way to the top of our bubbling volcano.
Musical instruments, dinosaur sculptures, a wheelchair-accessible roundabout and accessible ramps make Dinosaur Island fun for children with a wide range of abilities. There’s play equipment for bigger kids, too – head for the more challenging trails and climbing frames.