Parish design statements
Town, Parish and Village Design statements are created and written by local communities who have a unique appreciation and understanding of their own place. They provide a detailed description of the existing character of a town, parish or village and set out guidelines on how to encourage new development that enhances and complements what already exists.
The intention of a Town, Parish and Village Design Statements is to ensure new development fits in with its surroundings and is in keeping with local character.
Whilst Design Statements are written by local communities, as the Planning Authority we oversee the process and provide advice and input where necessary. Eventually the statements are adopted as Supplementary Planning Documents.
Approved design statements
- Heath-Common-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 1.1 MB)
- Heath-Common-Adoption-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 139.1 KB)
- Heath-Common-Consultation-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 353.9 KB)
- Heath-Common-Screening-Opinion.pdf (PDF File, 281.1 KB)
- Billingshurst-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 8.4 MB)
- Henfield-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 3.9 MB)
- Nuthurst-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 9.1 MB)
- Nuthurst-Adoption-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 290.1 KB)
- Pulborough-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 4.2 MB)
- Rudgwick-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 3.9 MB)
- Shipley-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 3.9 MB)
- Southwater-Parish-Design-Statement (PDF File, 2.2 MB)
- Southwater-Adoption-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 142.0 KB)
- Storrington-Sullington-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 1.8 MB)
- Warnham-Parish-Design-Statement.pdf (PDF File, 1.1 MB)
The remaining Parish and Village Design Statements were adopted under the previous Planning Act by the Council as Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG).
- Partridge Green and Dial Post;
- Thakeham; and
- West Chiltington
Hard copies of all of the Parish Design Statements are available to view from the appropriate Parish Council offices.