Make a Building Control application
The Building Control Planning Portal allows you to make online building regulations application.
- It's free and easy to use
- It makes form filling quicker
- You can upload supporting documents of up to 5MB each easily. If you have multiple documents or large files, we recommend using Submit-a-Plan instead.
Not sure if you need approval? Visit our Do I need building regulations approval? page
Apply by email or post
To apply to us by email or post, please complete the following steps:
- Download the Building Control application form
- Read the guidance notes for the application form
- Read the building regulation charges for domestic extensions and alterations
- Fill in the form electronically (you can type in the text fields once you have downloaded it) or print it and fill it in by hand
- Email the form to us at email@example.com or post it to Sussex Building Control, Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL
We recommend you select:
- Full Plans for major work such as new-builds, extensions, conversions
- Building Notice for minor works such as knocking down a wall
- Regularisation Certificate if you didn’t get building regulations approval for your building work. This option allows you to make a retrospective application
Application and fee documents
- Building-Control-application-form.pdf (PDF File, 709.0 KB)
- Building-Regulation-Application-Form-Notes.pdf (PDF File, 360.8 KB)
- Building-Control-Fee-Schedule.pdf (PDF File, 427.8 KB)
Apply for a fee waiver due to Disability Declaration
You do not need to pay our fees if you are carrying out appropriate work for the benefit of a disabled person.
To request a Disability Declaration for your work, please download the application form and post it to us with your application form.